Sunday 23 February 2014

Dance

Dance is something I am passionate about. I got introduced to dance when I moved to Calcutta from USA. I learned Odissi from Ramdhenu Kala Kunj of Padma Vibushan Kelucharan Mohapatra Gharana.

I have danced at various functions at our apartment complex and school functions. In addition I have also performed in MIT at various functions and have been selected to represent my college in the cultural fest.

The certificates of my formal dance education can be seen here.

Below are links of to some of my performance at various locations.

  1. Saveri Pallavi: In this dance item I tried to communicate through eye movements, body postures & intricate footwork. The dance starts with slow, graceful & lyrical movements of the eyes, neck, torso & feet & slowly blossoms in a crescendo to climax in a fast tempo at the end
  2. I participated in a short (2+min) movie made by my father where I was the narrator explaining the social impact of Durga Pujo.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment