Monday 29 August 2011

About Me

I am a girl engineer. I am told that there are about 15% of engineering students are girls. This makes me special

Due to nature of my father's work, I have traveled in many places around the world. The visits to these places has taught me to deal with diversity. I am comfortable in dealing with different ethnic groups and can easily work with people.

I plan to pursue a career in power systems and smart grid.

Some highlights of my work:
  • Obtained 90%+ average in all exams so far (Class X, XII and all semester exams)
  • My team paper on "Home Automation & Energy Management System for Smarter Grid" was judged 2nd in AECT 2015, got cash award of Rs. 3000/-
  • Summer internship in IIT Kharagpur and training in TATA STEEL
  • My paper on "Measurement of Traffic Flow by Sonic Analysis of Road Surface Vibration" was selected by KVPY
  • Vice-chairperson in IE E&E Students' Chapter, Manipal
  • Head-Girl in my school & winner of Satikanta Guha Memorial Prize with a cash award of Rs. 25,000/- as the Best All-Rounder Pupil (Senior Category) in my school.


My College

I am studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering at MIT, Manipal. I joined MIT in 2012. 

My B. Tech Marks

Sixth position in the department with CGPA being 9.38 (till 5th semester). My marksheets can be seen here. It is also tabulated below for easy reference.

Electrical and Electronics Engineering Semester 5 9.04 26
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Semester 4 9.12 25
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Semester 3 9.38 26
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Semester 2 9.92 25
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Semester 1 9.48 25
Cumulitative Weighted Grade Point Average 9.385

My Schooling


I graduated Class XII in 2012 from Garden High School, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. I scored 92.4% in ISC.




I also gave my ICSE from Garden High School in 2010 and have topped my class (considering all seven subjects in the exam) with 94.6% marks (best 5 including English).




I joined Garden High at class VI. Apart from being good in academics, I have also played a leading role in school activities. I have been the Class Monitor, Prefect, Senior Prefect, Vice-Captain, Captain & presently I am the Head Girl of the school. Head Girl and Head Boy are the highest student position in the school. 

I won the Best All Rounder Senior student from the school. The award carries a cash prize of Rs. 25,000/-


My Hobbies

My hobby is dancing, I have completed 3rd year certification in Rabindra Nritya and Odissi.


My Family

I was born at Tata Main Hospital, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. My father used to work at Tata Steel. A graduate of IIT Kharagpur, he was 3rd generation employee of Tata Steel. He still recollects his days of break-downs and shut-downs in electrical power generation and distribution from his Tata Steel days. Guess that is what drove me to choose Electrical and Engineering.

My mother is from Ranchi, Jharkhand. A tough lady, she gave her M. Sc. from NIT Jamshedpur at advanced stage of pregnancy. In fact I was born between her theory and practical papers. She jokes that during a M.Sc. theory paper I kicked her tummy hard when she was making a mistake and thus, thanks to me, she did not loose some marks.

I have a younger sister who studies at G.D. Birla. She wants to invent something and gets a bit disappointed when she reads about inventors. "Why did they have to be born before me" - she repeatedly asks.