Monday 29 August 2011

My First Science Project

As my father used to work in USA, my early education (till Class I) was in Challenger School. The two things that I remember during this period are:
  • In kindergarten, I had set-up a stall selling lemonade. I got the idea from a friend, drew posters (it showed a person beating the Sun and had the words "BEAT THE HEAT"), asked my parents to make me two jugs of lemonade and sat in front of my house to sell it. When hardly anyone came, I went around and called all neighbors who became my customers. I earned some money that I used to buy some chocolates.
  • We had a mandatory science exhibition from Class I. I discussed with my mother and we choose Static and Rolling Friction from the list as it involved minimum apparatus. I had no clue of friction and my parents explained it to me. I made the posters as per format given and presented the topic. This is my first science presentation. Thankfully my uncle recorded it and it is available in this YouTube Site.



 I did my Class II onwards from India and I remember that I had put in lot of effort to learn Hindi, History and Geography. However my teachers in Challenger had put in a solid foundation on English, Maths and Science and I could comfortably handle these subjects.

No comments: