Thursday 21 March 2013

MIT, Manipal

Its been about a year since my last post.

2012 went by in a flutter of activities. I guess it is same for any Class XII student - Board Exam, many entrance exams followed by intense suspense on how career will shape up, choosing an university and a subject, settling to hostel life & mess food, making the long commutes to home alone (well not exactly alone as one is surrounded by fellow college buddies), vacations too short to finish all the home-made foods, new people & new ideas and new thoughts.

Post my ISC exam, I gave engineering entrance exams. Then I had to make "life-changing" decision of University-Department combination. I wanted to do Electrical engineering and I choose Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT, Manipal). My choice was based on feedback from seniors and family friends who are faculty, placement & higher scholarship figures and age of the college.

Though it is first time I am staying in a hostel, I readily integrated to hostel life & food. We have all sorts of personalities here and it is fun to be with different type of people. My college notes are in high demand  & one day I was surprised to see my notes being sold from Om Xerox (a xerox shop in the campus). When I told them that this is my notes, they offered me a deal to publish my notes. Humm... At least I am on road-map to have my publications read.

I am somewhat active in campus activities. I am part of sponsorship team of Revels - a cultural event of MIT. I also helped Institute of Engineers, MIT Chapter get sponsorship of technical contest from IBM University Relation.


No comments:

Post a Comment